How to install HospitalGate in a network
Setting up HospitalGate in a single user environment:
If you have only have 1 computer in your home/office, simply install HospitalGate on it following the on-screen setup instructions.
The first time you run HospitalGate after installation, you will be prompted by a message box (see image below), asking you where you want to store your database. Simply select the option Local Database and click OK.
Now you can start working with HospitalGate!
Setting up HospitalGate in a network or multi-user environment:
If you have 2 or more computer in your office, and want multiple users can access and share information on HospitalGate, then read the following information:
To set up HospitalGate in a network, you must ensure that at least one computer is installed as the sever and the rest as clients. This means that the server computer will be the one storing all the information (created, modified and saved by users on other computers) in its database.The other client computers would not save any information on their own, but would access this information from the server. So the server helps all the computers in a network to share data and information without causing any clashes in functionality.
Deciding which computer will be the server and which others will be the clients is important as once they have been specified, HospitalGate will not allow you to change them.
Thus, it is essential that when installing HospitalGate in a network, server and client computers should be seperately specified. The following steps highlight this:
STEP (A) Setting up HospitalGate on the Server computer:
- First, decide which computer in your network is going to act as the server. This is dependant on your convenience as well as the computer's performance (It is advisable that a computer with high performance be the server).
- Install your version of HospitalGate on the selected computer. Make sure that the disk drive on which you are installing HospitalGate, is accessible to the other client computers in the network.
- After installation, double Click the desktop icon to open your application of HospitalGate.
- The first time you run HospitalGate, you will be prompted by a message box (see image below), asking you where you want to store your database. Simply select the option Local Database and click OK.
- Now you can start working with HospitalGate on the server computer!
STEP (B) Setting up HospitalGate on the Client computers:
- After installing HospitalGate on your server, the rest of the computers in your network are going to act as the clients.
- On each of the client computers, install your version of HospitalGate.
- After installation, double Click the desktop icon to open your application of HospitalGate on each of the computers.
- The first time you run HospitalGate, you will be prompted by a message box (see image below), asking you where you want to store your database. Select the option Server Database Path.
- On selecting this option, click the Browse Button. Now navigate to the location of the HospitalGate database on the Server Computer. For example: \\servername\C:\Program Files\HospitalGate Software\database.
- Click OK. Repeat the above steps for the other client computers.
- Now you can start working with HospitalGate efficiently in a networked environment!